We Asked ChatGPT to Help Us with Instagram Marketing for Podcast Recording Service & Here’s What Came Out of It
AI is gaining momentum like never before. Artificial intelligence is now capable of nearly everything — drawing images, helping to make music, writing texts, coding, and a plethora of other things. All a human needs to do is to set the right input when using AI for their work.
No wonder so many professionals from different areas leverage the power of AI — from designers and marketers to computer scientists and engineers.
We’ve decided to check for ourselves if there’s any use of artificial intelligence for social media marketing and for Instagram growth, in particular.
Even if you’re not going to put all your work into AI, there’s still sense to use it as an assistance. For that exact purpose, we’ve chosen ChatGPT of all other available AI solutions for content creators. However, don’t rush to fire your social media manager. Why? Let’s find out below.
What Is ChatGPT?
ChatGPT, the AI that everybody is talking about right now, is a state-of-the-art technology developed by OpenAI. ChatGPT is basically a language model that generates human-like texts by analysing tons of written content published elsewhere. ChatGPT has been trained on massive data volumes so that it can understand the topic, analyse it, and give a relevant response. Without a doubt, it’s a powerful assistance for anyone who’s involved in written content creation — social media managers, content marketers, copywriters, content designers, etc.
What Are ChatGPT’s Avenues for Social Media Marketing?
ChatGPT can create unique, high-quality content with one ‘If’ — as long as you set a well-thought-out input to do so. It won’t perform a miracle if your initial task is too vague. ChatGPT has the potential to create a personalised, high-quality copy but with your proper prompt.
It can analyse the tone and language of a particular content piece and personalise content for specific audiences accordingly. Which is of great help if your purpose is to talk to your audience in their language and convince them to become your loyal customers.
What ChatGPT does especially great is help you with generating new ideas. Just tell it what kind of content typically resonates with your audience and ask it to create new ideas similar to it. It will suggest you unexpected angles to explore.
💡 Just take a look at how ChatGPT itself answers the question of how it can be helpful for social media managers:
Isn’t It Banned by Social Media to Post AI-Generated Content?
So far, no official claims by the most popular social media representatives regarding whether users can or cannot post AI-generated content on these platforms. Perhaps, in future, Instagram or Twitter algorithms will be trained enough to tell if AI has created the content and either ban or encourage it. But as of now, there are no official statements in this regard.
ChatGPT for Instagram Marketing: 9 Actual Use Cases
Now to the main part. We’ve asked ChatGPT to help us with Instagram contentand marketing campaigns for this platform overall, and here’s what came out of it.
Let’s imagine we need to think through the Instagram marketing activities for Waveroom, an online recording studio with podcast creators as the core target audience. The service allows people to record podcasts remotely, record remote interviews, make audio and video calls with recordings, and more.
With these nine use cases, let’s see how ChatGPT shows itself as an SMM strategist for Waveroom.
🟣 Create a monthly content plan for a web service for podcasters
We didn’t state the exact amount of posts a week, so ChatGPT would post three times a week. The plan sounds good, and I reckon this calendar can be used in actual content planning process.
🟣 Write five engaging Instagram captions to Week 2 posts
Prompt: Create captions to all Week 2 posts.
To our taste, these captions aren’t that engaging and sound pretty much robotic. Cheers for the hashtags, though!
💡Schedule the posts for publication with Combin Scheduler, free Instagram content planning tool. Combin Scheduler lets you plan Instagram feed photosand stories absolutely free of charge, add a link in bio automatically when the post comes live, manage hashtags, repost content, tag other users and lots more!
🟣 Create a Reel scenario in a way like Apple would do it for Week 1 Monday video post
Let’s play with the tone of voice of our posts.
Prompt: Create a scenario for a Reel for Week 1 Monday video post in the style of Apple.
🟣 Create a set of hashtags relevant to our service
Prompt: Create a set of hashtags relevant to our service.
🟣 Create a giveaway
🟣 Make a meme or a joke relatable to our audience
🟣 Come up with questions for Instagram live stream with a prominent podcaster
🟣 Create a campaign for target audience with these results
🟣 Find influencers for this campaign
💡 We’re sharing the response as a text to fact-check if these influencers actually exist and backlink to their Instagram profiles.
- @myfavoritemurder: This podcast is one of the most popular true crime podcasts out there, with a large following on Instagram.
- @serialpodcast: Another popular true crime podcast, Serial has a dedicated following and would be a great partner for our campaign. (⛔️This isn’t an influencer, it’s a podcast production company.)
3. @crimejunkiepodcast: Crime Junkie is a true crime podcast with a large and engaged following on Instagram.
4. @joerogan: Joe Rogan is a comedian, UFC commentator, and the host of the popular Joe Rogan Experience podcast.
5. @timferriss: Tim Ferriss is an author, entrepreneur, and host of the popular Tim Ferriss Show podcast.
6. @smartpassiveincome: Pat Flynn is an entrepreneur, blogger, and host of the Smart Passive Income podcast, which focuses on online business and entrepreneurship.
7. @podcastmovement: Podcast Movement is an annual conference for podcasters and would be a great partner for our campaign, as they have a large and engaged following of podcast enthusiasts.
8. @johnleedumas: John Lee Dumas is an entrepreneur and host of the Entrepreneur on Fire podcast, which focuses on interviews with successful entrepreneurs.
9. @gretchenrubin: Gretchen Rubin is a bestselling author and host of the Happier with Gretchen Rubin podcast, which focuses on happiness and human nature.
10. @patriciakelikani: Patricia Kelikani is a podcast host and producer who focuses on mental health and wellness. Her podcast, Unapologetically Sensitive, would be a great partner for our campaign, as our new feature could help enhance the audio quality of her recordings. (⛔️ AI confused the podcaster’s name and provided the wrong Instagram handle).
💡 Tip: Find relevant influencers with Combin Growth. The results are much more relevant.
Best Practices to Use ChatGPT for Instagram Marketing
As you see, ChatGPT has done a pretty decent job, but not enough to fire your social media manager. It still comes up with too generic post copies, and you need to think through your prompt very thoroughly to achieve a more or less acceptable result from AI. Some tasks would definitely be done better by a human than ChatGPT. Though it’s great at generating new ideas.
Let’s briefly walk through the best practices of how you can get the most out of ChatGPT:
- Provide broader context. Explain whose role the AI plays, whose Instagram it should create content for and who the target audience of your business is.
- Provide examples of your current posts to train the AI with your tone of voice. It will help the AI do a more personalised job, so you won’t need to edit too much.
- Think through your input really well. Give ChatGPT as many details and highlights as you possibly can.
- Don’t use everything ChatGPT suggests. Some ideas might be too generic or simply irrelevant. Remember, its intelligence is artificial.
- Fact check. Our example with influencers has shown you can’t trust 100% this AI. So take your time to dig into facts.
- Train ChatGPT for your brand. To get the most out of ChatGPT, it’s important to train it on your brand’s voice, tone, and messaging. This will help ensure that any suggestions or responses generated by ChatGPT align with your brand and resonate with your audience.
- Use the same chat for one task. I used the same ChatGPT chat when writing this article and coming up with prompt ideas. This allows the AI to take the context into consideration,provide more relevant results and come up with relevant follow ups.
- Test different phrasing when typing the prompt. ChatGPT is a machine learning model, so it’s important to test different inputs and see what works best for you. You can try different prompts by asking the same question with slight modifications and see which one generates the most relevant and useful response.
- Use other tools for better results. Combin Growth can leave multiple comments in bulk under the posts of users you select. Just generate engaging comments in ChatGPT and schedule them to appear under people’s posts to draw their attention. It won’t look spammy at all, and you won’t waste time on manual commenting.